We’re looking for a canine carer to join our team!
Here are the details:
- This is a full-time position.
- 5 days/40 hours a week including weekend days every other week.
- 8am to 5pm (1 hr lunch + 2 x 15 min breaks)
- Salary: £9.00 per hour (increasing in April 2022)
- All employees work 1/2 days on Christmas day, Boxing day and New Year’s day (AM or PM)****
Please ONLY apply if you have experience working with dogs in a kennel environment.
- You will be responsible for the daily welfare of 8-10 dogs.
- You will need to be comfortable with all kinds of dogs and have a genuine rapport with animals.
- You must be competent at taking instructions and performing tasks set for you in a timely and efficient manner.
- You will be responsible for daily welfare checks on the animals, providing them with food, water, exercise, medication (if required), environmental enrichment and training.
- You will maintain food, weight and medication charts and daily training and enrichment plans. Ensure that these are written up clearly and updated daily, so that colleagues may use them.
- You will ensure the kennels and enclosures are kept clean and to the highest possible standards of hygiene throughout each day. You will be comfortable fitting collars, leads, harnesses etc.
- You must want a manual job and be happy to be on your feet for most of the day and be comfortable being outside the majority of the time, in all kinds of weather. You must have good communication skills and be able to speak to colleagues and members of the public in a polite manner.
- You will be supported and receive training by our amazing team.
- This is an excellent role for people who love dogs and enjoy looking after them.
- You must be hard-working, enthusiastic, have lots of energy and be a team player, and may be required to help in other areas of the Sanctuary.
- You will report to the Dog Manager and Assistant Manager.
To apply for this position, please send a CV and cover letter via email ONLY to email@example.com
We CANNOT answer facebook or phone enquiries.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview and 1/2 day practical trial (unpaid).
The position is available immediately and ideally, we are looking for a successful candidate to begin work as soon as possible.